Find the Accommodations You Need at Cemeteries in South San Francisco, CA
It is frustrating to have just a few days to cemeteries in South San Francisco, CA, for your loved one, and you cannot find the offerings you need. However, when you choose The Italian Cemetery, you can be sure that your loved one will be laid to rest in the way that you wish. Our cemetery has been in business for over 100 years, and we know what families want when it comes to cemetery needs.
Our history dates back to 1899, when we were involved in helping Italian immigrants with burial needs in the San Francisco area. As the Bay Area has grown into a flourishing community filled with diversity and love, we serve families of all faiths and backgrounds. We are proud to be a part of this inclusive community and work hard to implement all customs and traditions that families request.
Several Options for Cemeteries in South San Francisco, CA
As you learn more about our cemetery, you will find that we can accommodate any wish you may have. Whether you would like to hold the funeral service at the cemetery or bury your loved one in an indoor location, we can make arrangements for all of it.
Read on to learn about common cemetery vocabulary to find what you envision for your loved one:
- Graves: Many people reserve their graves in advance so that they can get a burial plot side by side with their partner or with their whole family. Reserve your grave so that you don’t have to scramble to find the right spot in just a few days’ time.
- Crypts: An indoor burial location is helpful to protect the remains from the outside elements. When high winds and rain pass through, you don’t have to worry about damage to the grounds where your loved one is buried. Also, visit at any time of the day and not feel uncomfortable because you will be indoors.
- Niches: When you choose cremation instead of burial, keep the ashes at the cemetery. Some people may not be aware that niches are available, but they are very convenient for families that prefer cremation. Instead of keeping the ashes in someone’s home, you can store the ashes at the cemetery, where they are available to all who want to visit.
- Family Vaults: While some families reserve plots next to each other for burial, other families reserve vaults, which are indoor locations for burials. Go inside a vault of your choice to find your family members buried side by side for generations to come.
- Family Chapels: When some people visit a cemetery, it can be a spiritual experience, connecting them with their deceased loved ones. Our family chapels are available on-site so that you can find solace in a place to worship and pray during your cemetery visit.
- Chapel Rentals: Would you prefer to take care of all your funeral services in one location? You can rent a chapel on the cemetery grounds to hold funeral services. Then when it’s time to travel over to the burial site, the attendees can walk on over. It’s convenient for everyone involved.
- Grave Monuments: While you may find monuments available at all cemeteries in South San Francisco, CA, you won’t find the customizations we offer. You can choose bronze or granite memorials. Create a large memorial for all to see or keep it small for just you and your family to gather around.
- Advanced Arrangements: It is important to plan ahead so that you can have a clear mind in making decisions about your loved one’s burial options. Permanent memorialization options last forever, which is why you want it done right. However, when you have dozens of decisions to make immediately after finding out about the death of your loved one, things can get confusing. Save yourself the stress by making plans today for your own services or for impending death in your family.
Make an Appointment Today
A crucial conversation must happen in order to make plans for cemetery needs before a death occurs. Do not be afraid to open that conversation with your loved one. You can use our cemetery planning team to facilitate making plans so that you’re prepared for the unexpected. In the same way that people protect their assets through a trust or will, they can prepare by planning for end-of-life care.
Now is the time to get ahead of your end-of-life needs by making plans with cemeteries in South San Francisco, CA. Our team at The Italian Cemetery is ready to assist you with all your needs. You can stop by to take a tour of the grounds at 540 F St., Colma, CA 94014. Or you can call to set up an appointment and describe what you envision for your burial or cremation. Call (650) 755-1511.